The World I Call My Own
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

~Previous Posts~ ~Things to do~
  • Go Science Centre
  • Go to Zoo with them
  • Give Rick a treat
  • Lose 5 more kilos

~TagBoard~

~Credits~
  • diaphaneity dot com
  • Monday, May 01, 2006

    Fruits

    I was passing by this fruit stall near my place just now so I stopped by to see what fruits I can buy. There was a huge piles of pears. They looked very fresh and nice. Beside them, there were only a miserably few red apples.

    I was trying to make up my mind what I want to buy. The pears looked good, but well, they don't taste that good at times. The apples on the other hand, looked pretty miserable but apples are supposed to be nice what. With only $5 in hand, I have to make a good choice. I could not really make up my mind, so I was comtemplating of spending that $5 somewhere else. But the fruit seller was trying to sell me the pears. He said the pears are very fresh and they are of the top grade. You cannot get them anywhere else. So i thought maybe I should buy some pears? Then some aunties came along and bought some pears. The pears were selling so well, I thought I better buy them soon before they're all gone. Well, who knows the fruit seller actually increase the price of the pears!!! Haiz, so with my miserable $5 I can only get the apples. So I told the uncle I want the apples instead. He looked at me with disgust and said that I should think carefully because there were some bad apples in the basket. He picked up an apple with a tiny bruise and told me how bad it'll taste. I mean.. it was just a bruise.. the fruit is still edible right? So I asked him, are the pears sweet. And obviously he said yes. He even offered to give me a 50% discount and throw in a few free fruits for me if I buy the pears from him.

    Ok, now I'm really puzzled why this fruit seller was so keen on selling the pears. I mean he's a fruit seller, all fruits should be the same right? By giving me such discounts, the pears are now cheaper than the apples. But it made me wonder whether there's something wrong with the pears. Then the fruit seller admitted that actually he grew all these pears. He said he spent a lot of time taking care of the plant and he's proud of the pears. He don't mind giving me discount because his cost price was very low to begin with. Furthermore, apparently he grew the plant at that plot of land which the residents have to pay maintainance fees. But he himself didn't have to pay a single cents! So the residents were paying for the maintainance fees for him to grow his pear tree and the residents have to pay the seller who only took care of the plant so much for the pears.

    After I learned about these.. I look at my$5... I've decided I have better for it...


    link | posted by trom_piggy at 4:25 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela